Discover The Majestic Mount Batur: A Trekking Adventure In Bali
Let’s know about one of the finest places in Bali for nature lovers – Mount Batur! It is located to the north-west of Mount Agung and is a very popular trek spot. It is among the few active volcanoes in Bali which is known to have last erupted in 2000.
It is 5633 feet high above sea level and formed by a massive volcanic eruption that happened around 28,000 years ago which resulted in many beautiful craters around Mount Batur.
While picking up your Bali tour packages, don’t miss this adventurous trek because you might have the best time of your trip. Also, around the monsoon season the top of Mount Batur appears to be floating in a sea of clouds, which leaves people completely awestruck.
While you are here to explore Mount Batur in Bali, you can also witness the best sunrise and sunset along with a small crater which is very popular among tourists.
Suggested read: Temples in Bali
What To Look Out For?
- It is one of the most popular volcanoes in Indonesia, and a great tourist spot as well as one of the best adventure activities in Bali for everyone.
- It offers some of the serene views and great sunset points as it is 1717 meters above sea level.
- You can trek here that can be enjoyed by beginners as well, most of the people come here to enjoy this wonderful trek.
Things To Do In Mount Batur
While there are so many things to do in Bali, when you visit this epic Mount Batur in Bali, you should definitely do these things:
- Mount Batur Trek
This is one of the wonderful treks in Bali, perfect for beginners as well as intermediate trekkers. It is 6 km in total and takes approximately 2 hours to get completed.
But, when you reach the top, you will definitely witness some of the serene views like never before. Many people do it without the help of guides, but it is advisable for people to take a guide if they are new to this as you also get to hear some interesting stories and facts related to the place.
Also, there are two peaks and the second one is more difficult comparatively. Trekkers are rewarded by the views of crystal clear Batur Lak and the surrounding views on going the extra mile to reach it.
- Sunrise Trek
It is also one of the most popular trek, but the unique thing is that it starts late at night, usually 2 to 3 hours prior to sunrise. So, when you get on the top of mountain, you get to witness the most beautiful sunrise.
Suggested read: Best beaches in Bali
How To Reach Mount Batur
Mount Batur is easily accessible via the Denpasar Airport which is around 39 km away. You can easily get taxis from the airports that will drop you directly at Kintamani. Also, there is an option to take bus from Ubud to Kintamini.
So, it is up to you how do you want to get away to the place.
Best Time To Visit Mount Batur
The best time to visit Mount Batur in Bali is between May and October. Monsoon begins after July and one can definitely have the wonderful views of mountains covered in clouds.
Also, the best time to visit Bali is between April and October because of the mild and cool climate in the place.
Suggested read: Foods in Bali
Things To Remember
- It is located in Bangli Regency, Bali
- One can come to Mount Batur in Bali, anytime of the day
Trekking On Mount Batur In Bali
Let us take you through a virtual tour of trekking in Mount Batur in Bali.
- The distance is around 6 km for the trek of Mount Batur in Bali. So, it takes around 2-3 hours to reach at the top. The trek is not that much difficult and can be done by the beginners as well.
- It is advised for the people to take a guide with them if they are new to the trek. The weather conditions might vary and it gets difficult in the mountains to manage on your own. Also, you get to hear some of the interesting facts and stories about the place that might hook you to the place.
- There are two peaks in Mount Batur in Bali and the second one is comparatively more difficult but with some of the best views ever.
- Also, there is the sunrise trek which starts late at night so that you can witness the best sunsets.
Tips For Trekking In Mount Batur In Bali
Travel Tips for Bali, Mount Batur – If you are new to the trek, and want some basic tips for that, here are some of them!
- Always come with the most comfortable clothes so that you can do it feasibly. You should have extra convenience while trekking because you already get so tired during the same.
- Get some light snacks and drinks as you might not get variety during your trek. Also, you get some delicious snacks on top, but overpriced at the same time!
- The guides can cost you around IDR 30,000 for your treks.