- Day 0
Depart from Bangalore at 09:00 PM.
- Day 1
Reach Hampi - Check in to the campsite - Hampi Exploration - Anegundi Fort - UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Day 2
Hampi Heritage Walk - Virupaksha Temple - Hampi Bazaar - Vijaya Vittala Temple - Lotus Mahal - Depart for Bangalore
- Day 3
Reach Bangalore in morning
Customised Trips Only Available
|Departure Location||Departure Time||Trip Duration|
|Bangalore||08:30 PM||1 Night/2 Days|
Day 0: Overnight journey from Bangalore to Hampi
- We start our trip by driving from Bangalore at around 9:00 P.M.
- The 342 km journey takes about 7-8 hours to complete.
Day 1: Reach Hampi - Check in to the campsite - Hampi Exploration - Anegundi Fort - UNESCO World Heritage Site
- New day, new place! We reach Hampi in the morning and check into our campsite.
- We rest for a while, have breakfast and leave for today’s explorations.
- We start our day by visiting the Anegundi fort. Dotted with a Durga temple and tombs on the entrance, Anegundi is a place where the elephants of the Vijaynagara empire used to take bath.
- From the fort, we head towards the river to experience floating above the waters on a circular shaped boat.
- The UNESCO world heritage site of Hampi is famous for its coracle rides i.e. walnut shaped boats on the waters of the River Tungabhadra.
- We stop for lunch at a local café and head to the sunset point during the evening.
- After witnessing the sky getting painted with innumerable hues, we head back to the campsite.
- Enjoy dinner by the bonfire before sleeping in.
Day 2: Hampi Heritage Walk - Virupaksha Temple - Hampi Bazaar - Vijaya Vittala Temple - Lotus Mahal - Depart for Bangalore
- On the second day, we explore places that are known to be the epitome of Hampi’s historical legacies.
- Post breakfast, we check out of our campsite and head out to the prestigious Hampi Heritage Walk.
- Our first stop on the walk is the Virupaksha temple. An architecturally renowned temple, Virupaksha temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It started off as a little shrine and later developed into a full-blown temple, becoming an important pilgrim site for many.
- We take a break and have lunch at a local café before visiting the flea market.
- The flea market, also known as the Hampi bazaar, is a set-up of historic market stalls full of ornaments and fabrics.
- After shopping, we head to the very famous Vijaya Vittala temple which is known for its Stone Chariot. The temple is also known for its musical pillars and indomitable stone architecture. Built in the 15th century, it is dedicated to an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Both the temples are built in Dravidian style of architecture.
- To end the chapter of Hampi, we head towards the Lotus Mahal. A look alike structure of a lotus flower, Lotus Mahal is one of the few structures left undamaged by the invaders. It is a part of the Zenana enclosure, where the royal family resided.
- We later catch a bus back to Bangalore and reach home with amazing memories and stories; entrenched with the natural beauty of Hampi and the enriching history of an empire.
Day 3: Reach back home with amazing trip memories
- The next morning we reach Bangalore via the same scenic route.
- You reach home with a backpack full of amazing memories, stories and experiences. You will have energetic tales to speak about and mind-blowing views to brag about!
- Entire travel as per the itinerary by Tempo Traveller/Mini Bus
- Stay at a campsite in Hampi.
- Bouldering activity under the guidance of a professional.
- A total of 3 meals— 2 breakfast + 1 dinner
- Trip captain throughout the trip
- Entry tickets for Heritage sites are included
- Local transportation i.e. mopeds within Hampi on Day 1.
- GST (5%) is applicable extra.
- Meals other than mentioned in itinerary.
- Any item of personal nature like shopping.
- Cost arises due to uncontrollable circumstances like bad weather conditions, landslides, or some public protest.
- Water sports or any activity other than mentioned in Itinerary.
- Things other than mentioned in inclusions.
No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
Things to Remember
- Consumption of alcohol, intoxicants and smoking is not allowed during the entire course of trip. Please co-operate with our team captains and fellow travellers for an amazing experience.
- Adventure trips are soul filling and luxury is something hard to get but we always ensure hygienic stay and food for our travelers.
- Nobody likes a place with litter and same thing we should do when we are travelling. Keep litter in your bag and throw it in garbage bins only.
- WanderON shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, Kindly do take care.
- We are committed to keep timeline of our itinerary on time but in the case of traffic delays or breakdowns, expect a little delay in reaching the destination.
Things to Carry
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trip, we recommend to keep your luggage light for a weekend trip.
- Water bottle. Please bring a water bottle along to reduce plastic wastage.
- Raincoat/Bag covers in case of rains.
- Torch to keep the darkness away.
- Portable chargers and Bluetooth speakers for some party time.
- Extra pair of clothes
- Keep enough cash during the trip for personal expenses like shopping and extra meals.
Hampi – a place as unique as its name, is a bag full of rich Indian history. Temples, significant architectural structures, lakes and rivers; you name it and Hampi has it. A region known for its rocks and ruins; Hampi was the capital of the very famous Vijaynagara empire of south India. A brown landscape with rusty terrain- Hampi is the perfect weekend getaway from Bangalore. It is a town known for its temples, a flea market full of hippie styled products and its sunsets! A UNSECO heritage site, Hampi was known for the diamonds that were sold on its streets. Million boulders, lush palms and the Tungabhadra river add different layers to its undulating beauty. A story at every corner, Hampi is a historical site with present day features that add a cherry on top of the cake. So, for all the history lovers out there: how long are you going to wait to tick Hampi off your bucket list? With the Wander on Hampi travel package, you can explore the Hampi tourist places with our 2-day itinerary.