- Day 0
Depart from Delhi by 09:00 PM
- Day 1
Kanatal Arrival - Adventure Activities - Trek to Surkanda Devi - Overnight in Camps at Kanatal
- Day 2
Check Out - Water Sports at Tehri Dam - Departure for Delhi - Reach back to Delhi by late night
- 09th April – 12th April
|Departure Location||Departure Time||Trip Duration|
|Akshardham Metro Station (Delhi)||09:00 PM||1 Night/2 Days|
- Start from Delhi (Akshardham metro station) by 09:00 p.m. on Day 0.
- Reach Kanatal by morning.
- Arrive at Campsite and check-in.
- Freshen-up and relax in the lap of nature.
- Indulge in adventure activities at the Campsite like Rock Climbing, Zip Lining, Bridge Crossing.
- Trek to the Surkanda Devi and enjoy 360° view of Nanda Devi and the adjoining mountains.
- Return to camps for some tea/coffee and light snacks at the bonfire.
- Dinner and overnight at the Camps under the gaze of a million stars.
- Wake up early morning and enjoy the beautiful sunrise along with a panoramic view of the Himalayas.
- After breakfast check-out from the camps.
- Drive towards Tehri Dam, halt for 1-2 hours and enjoy water sports like Banana Boat Ride, Jet-Skiing, Surfing, Motor Boat Ride. (Self-paid)
- By noon, head back to Delhi to reach by late night.
- Entire travel as per the itinerary by AC Tempo Traveler.
- Accommodation in camps at Kanatal.
- 4 meals – 3 Meals on Day 1 (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) + 1 Meal on Day 2 (Breakfast)
- Adventure activities at the campsite (as per time permits)
- Forest permit fees and guided trek.
- Team captain throughout the trip.
- Driver night charges’, toll tax, parking charges.
- GST (5%) is applicable extra.
- Any other Food and Beverage charge that is not included in the package.
- Water Sports at Tehri Dam.
- Any other costing involved due to any kind of natural calamity, forced circumstances which are out of our control.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
Things to Carry
Gear and Extra:
• A rucksack bag and a day pack.
• 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
• A sun cap and a woolen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the doctor
Personal & accessories:
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40 , lip balm, cold creams
• Body spray
• Led torch light
Kanatal is a small village in the state of Uttarakhand, India. Kanatal is 78 km from Dehradun (capital of the State Uttarakhand), 38 km from Mussoorie and 12 km from Chamba. It is on the Chamba-Mussoorie road and nearly 320 km from Delhi. A few decades ago there used to be a lake by the name of Kanatal; now it dried up and hence the name Kanatal, literally meaning “one eyed lake” in Hindi. To make it memorable, the place was named Kanatal. Kanatal has an average elevation of about 8500 feet (2590 meters). The highest point is Surkunda Devi Temple, at a height of about 9,995 feet. Kanatal is conveniently connected by road to Delhi and major cities. The closest railway station and airport is Dehradun.