- Day 0
Depart from Delhi by 08:00 PM
- Day 1
McLeod Ganj Arrival - Drive to Kareri Village - Trek further to Reoti - Overnight in camps at Reoti
- Day 2
Trek to Kareri Lake - Visit Gaj & Lord Shiva Temple - Overnight in camps
- Day 3
Trek Down to Kareri Village - Drive to McLeod Ganj - Departure
- Day 4
Reach Delhi early morning.
- 09th April – 13th April
|Departure Location||Departure Time||Trip Duration|
|Vidhan Sabha Metro Station (Delhi)||08:00 PM||2 Nights/3 Days|
- Start from Delhi by 08:00 PM on Day 0.
- Reach McLeod Ganj by morning.
- Take an exciting drive to Kareri Village.
- After a delightful breakfast, proceed for a trek to Reoti.
- Enjoy a delicious dinner and bonfire at the campsite.
- Have a blissful overnight stay at the base camp.
- Start the day with a refreshing tea at 07:00 AM.
- Go for a venturesome trek to Kareri Lake from Reoti at 10AM.
- You may go for a visit to Gaj and Lord Shiva temple if you’re interested.
- Be bewitched by the magnificient view of Baleni Pass and Minikani Pass.
- Enjoy a wonderful overnight stay at the camps on the meadow by the lake.
- Wake up with a beautiful and blissful sunrise from the snowcapped Dhauladhar range and enjoy your morning breakfast beside the lake.
- Start your trek down till Ghera.
- Drive back to McLeod Ganj.
- Head back to Delhi by evening with lots of amazing trip memories.
- Reach Delhi next day morning by 08:00 AM(tentatively)
- Entire travel as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation for 1 night in camps at Reoti & 1 night in camps at Kareri Lake on triple/quad sharing basis.
- 7 meals – 2 Meals on Day 1 (Lunch + Dinner) + 3 Meals on Day 2 (Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner) + 2 Meals on Day 3 (Breakfast + Lunch)
- Trek Leader throughout the trip.
- Driver night charges’, toll tax, parking charges.
- GST (5%) is applicable extra.
- Any other Food and Beverage charge that is not included in the package.
- Any other costing involved due to any kind of natural calamity, forced circumstances which are out of our control.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
Things to Carry
Gear and Extra:
• A rucksack bag and a day pack.
• 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
• A sun cap and a woolen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the doctor
Personal & accessories:
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40 , lip balm, cold creams
• Body spray
• Led torch light
Kareri Lake Trek is located at an elevation of about 2,950 meters in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. It is a perfect weekend getaway if you want to switch off from your monotonous routine and get close to nature.
Surrounded by mountains and alpine trees, the Kareri Lake Trek is formed by the flow of the water bodies from by the Minkiani peak. The trek to Kareri Lake Trek is one of the most scenic alpine treks in Himachal Pradesh that goes to several gushing streams and passes through green meadows. You will come across artistic shepherd villages that have a charm of their own. Other attractions are the Lord Shiva temple which is worth a visit. The trail to Kareri Lake Trek will definitely interest you if you’re interested in bird watching as there are various species of birds to look out for. So be ready with your cameras for that perfect capture. The forests here are a mix of pines and shrubs which act as a perfect hiding for some exclusive birds.
The next half of the trail is a rocky grassland along with Nyund nallah. You will be facing a huge variety of terrains on this trek, ranging from straight roads to river crossings over wooden bridges, and steep ascents. After arriving at the lake, spend some time clicking pictures there, before spending another amazing night in tents at the lake.