- Day 1
Guwahati Arrival – Drive to Kaziranga National Park – Overnight at Resort
- Day 2
Kaziranga National Park Jungle Safari – Relax and rejuvenate – Overnight at Resort
- Day 3
Transfer to Shillong - Stop Over at Umiam Lake- Overnight stay at Shillong
- Day 4
Laitlum Grand Canyon – Don Bosco Museum – Shillong Peak – Police Bazaar – Overnight stay at Shillong
- Day 5
Head to Cherrapunji – Mawkdok Valley View – Overnight at Cherrapunji
- Day 6
Visit Living root double decker bridge- Mawswami caves-Nohkalikai Fall- Overnight stay at Cherrapunji
- Day 7
Visit Mawlynnong village – Dawki - Overnight stay at Jowai
- Day 8
Depart to Guwahati
|Departure Location||Trip Duration|
|Guwahati||7 Nights/8 Days|
Day 1: Guwahati Arrival | Drive to Kaziranga National Park
- The trip starts from Guwahati Airport.
- Depart for Kaziranga National Park
- Reach by evening and enjoy the beauty of the green hills of Assam
Day 2: Kaziranga National Park Jungle Safari
- Wake up to a beautiful view. Relax and rejuvenate in the lap of Nature.
- Head for the Jungle Safari and catch a glimpse of the one-horned Rhinos.
- You can also choose to go for an Elephant Safari for an authentic experience.
- Overnight at the Resort
Day 3: Drive to Shillong | Umiam Lake
- In the morning, depart for Shillong after breakfast.
- The route runs through the curvy roads of the Meghalayan Hills and lush green fields dot the landscape
- You will be welcomed to Shillong with a view of the Huge Umiam Lake. Make a pit stop to click some pictures.
- Head to the Resort and relax.
Day 4: Laitlum Grand Canyon | Don Bosco Museum | Shillong Peak | Police Bazaar
- After breakfast, head to Laitlum and witness the grandeur of this green landscape.
- Head to Don Bosco Museum. Grab lunch at a Café.
- Visit the Shillong Peak to catch the sunset view.
- Reach to the main market – Police Bazaar and try your hand at the street food of Shillong, and shop for some souvenirs.
- Overnight at the resort.
Day 5: Shillong to Cherrapunji l Nohkalikai Falls
- Depart from Shillong to Cherrapunji
- Enjoy delicacies of North East at a decent restaurant on the way.
- Stop over at Nohkalikai Falls.
- Bask in the mesmerizing views of mountain slopes covered in evergreen forests of ‘Dympep valley’.
- Reach Cherrapunjee by the evening. Get checked into hotels.
- Enjoy exquisite dining and get a good night’s sleep.
Day 6: Living roots bridge | Mawswami Caves
- Today is gonna be an adventurous day.
- Start with early morning breakfast at Cherrapunji.
- Travel to Tyrna village. The start points of the trek to Living roots bridge.
- Trek down to Nongriat village and natural marvel of Living Roots bridge.
- Take a dip in the water pond under the waterfall at living roots bridge.
- Trek back up and get on with the day to Mawsmawi caves.
- Mawswami Caves might just make you ‘king under the mountain’.
- Enjoy the formidability of the caves. Get bedazzled by their grandeur.
- Get back to the hotel. Enjoy dinner and sleep overnight.
Day 7: Mawlynnong | Dawki | Jowai
- Post breakfast, depart for another Meghalayan Wonder the cleanest village in India. Experience the unique culture which has kept it so clean. Get to know a part of India where cleanliness is not a habit, but rather their culture.
- Post lunch head to Dawki village, and experience boating in the crystal clear waters of Umngot River.
- Head to Jowai and check in to the Hotel at Jowai.
- Dinner & Sleep overnight under the gaze of millions of stars.
Day 8: Depart for Guwahati
- Get up early and soak in the beautiful sunrise.
- After breakfast, depart back to Guwahati
- Bid Adieu to a beautiful experience.
Starting @ INR 25,999/- per person
- Entire travel as per the itinerary from Guwahati to Guwahati.
- Accommodation for 2 Nights at Kaziranga, 2 Nights at Shillong, 2 Nights at Cherrapunji, 1 Night at Jowai in a Hotel.
- A total of 7 meals – 01 Breakfast from Day 2 till Day 8
- GST at 5%, toll and parking charges
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any expenses of personal nature like shopping, laundry etc
- Meals other than the ones mentioned in inclusions.
No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
Things to Carry
Gear and Extra:
• A rucksack bag and a day pack.
• 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
• A sun cap and a woolen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the doctor
Personal & accessories:
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40 , lip balm, cold creams
• Body spray
• Led torch light
Meghalaya, the abode of clouds, is one of the most beautiful states in the North-East India offering a variety of sights, activities, food and festivals to the tourists. Well known for Cherrapunji, the place which receives one of the maximum rainfalls in the world, Meghalaya can mesmerize you with its hills, valleys, lakes, caves and waterfalls which give it a beautiful look when covered with beautiful clouds.
Shillong is the most urbanization you will see in the entire state. Shillong has a lot of leftover British colonial influence that is evident from the plentiful British architecture. Owing to the magnificent lakes all around the town, and the hills surrounding it, Shillong has often been called the Scotland of the East. The Umiam Lake (also known as the Barapani Lake), is one of the primary reasons why Shillong is compared to Scotland, as the lake with rocky hills in the backdrop is reminiscent of Scotland’s Loch Lake. Umiam Lake offers various water sports activities for tourists. Other important tourist attractions in Shillong include Elephant Falls, Shillong Peak and Lady Hydari Park.
Cherrapunji is famous for its rainfall, and it used to be the wettest place on Earth before the title was taken over by Mawsynram, which is less than 100 kilometres away from Cherrapunji. The city abounds in waterfalls, the most important ones Nohkalikai and Seven Sister Falls. The living root double-decker bridge is a famous attraction in Cherrapunji, where trekking and hiking activities are offered for tourists.
If you want to look at Asia’s cleanest village, don’t forget to visit Mawlynnong. Lying on the border separating India from Bangladesh, Mawlynnong is an amazingly clean village in Meghalaya where each street corner has a bamboo dustbin to ensure nature-friendly disposal of trash. The focal point of attraction of this village is the Sky Watch, which is a bamboo structure that offers sweeping views of the Bangladeshi plains from the top.