- Day 1
Guwahati Arrival- Transfer to Cherrapunji- Overnight stay at Cherrapunji
- Day 2
Visit Mawswami caves-Nohkalikai Fall- Eco Park Overnight stay at Cherrapunji
- Day 3
Visit Mawlynnong- Dawaki River- Overnight stay at Jowai
- Day 4
Visit Krang Suri Waterfall- Transfer to Shillong- Overnight stay at Shillong
- Day 5
Local sightseeing of Shillong- Overnight stay at Shillong
- Day 6
Visit Laitum Grand Canyon – Departure to Guwahati
|Departure Location||Trip Duration|
|Guwahati||5 Nights/6 Days|
Day1: Guwahati Arrival | Guwahati to Cherrapunji | Umiam Lake
- The trip starts from Guwahati airport.
- Depart from Guwahati to Cherrapunji
- Enjoy delicacies of North East at a decent restaurant on the way.
- Bask in the mesmerizing views of mountain slopes covered in evergreen forests of ‘Dympep valley’.
- Reach Cherrapunjee by the evening. Get checked into hotels.
- Enjoy exquisite dining and get a good night’s sleep.
Day2: Mawswami Caves | Nohkalikai Waterfall
- Start with early morning breakfast at Cherrapunjee.
- Explore Mawsmawi caves.
- Mawswami Caves might just make you ‘king under the mountain’.
- Enjoy the formidability of the caves. Get bedazzled by their grandeur.
- After lime stone caves visit the tallest plunge waterfall on India Nohkalikai Falls.
- Get back to the hotel. Enjoy dinner and sleep overnight.
Day3: Mawlynnong | Dawaki River | Jowai
- Post breakfast and check out start your journey towards another Meghalayan Wonder.
- Lunch at the cleanest village in India Mawlynnong. Experience the unique culture which has kept it so clean.
- Get to know a part of India where cleanliness is not a habit, but rather their culture.
- Post lunch head to Dawaki river for some boating river in one of the cleanest rivers.
- Check in at the camps at Shnongpdeng.
- Dinner & Sleep overnight under the gaze of millions of stars.
Day4: Krang Suri Waterfall | Shillong
- Get up early and soak in the beautiful sunrise.
- Post breakfast and spending some leisure time here, depart for Krang Suri Waterfalls.
- Completely offbeat, Krang Suri is a location taken out of mythological waterfalls for Gods.
- Take a dip in its pond. Chill with the group at this exotic location.
- After heart fulfilling dip at Krang Suri, get on to with journey to Shillong.
- Enjoy a drive through misty mountains with serene views full of forests and waterfalls.
- Go for café-hoping in Laitumkharah region of Shillong.
- Go on a shopping spree in the famous Police bazar.
- Spend quality time with the group at the lake.
- Get to hotel and post-dinner, sleep overnight.
Day 5: Visit Umiam lake- Shillong view point- Don Bosco Museum- Overnight stay at Shillong
- Post breakfast, visit Umiam lake encircled by lush green East Khasi hills.
- Later visit Don Bosco museum and Shillong view point.
- In evening visit some of the famous Shillong café for delicious food and live local music.
Day 6: Visit Laitum Grand Canyon | Departure to Guwahati
- Post early breakfast, visit Laitum Grand Canyon and depart to Guwahati.
- Bid adieu as you drive back to Guwahati airport through mesmerizing landscapes.
- Reach Guwahati airport to catch your flight back.
- Reach home with a suitcase full of amazing memories and experience of exploring the offbeat location of such magnificence.
Starting @ INR 16,999/- per person
- Entire travel as per the itinerary from Guwahati to Guwahati.
- Accommodation for 2 Nights at Cherrapunji, 1 Night at Jowai and 2 Nights at Shillong in a Hotel.
- A total of 5 meals – 01 Breakfast from Day 2 till Day 6
- GST at 5%, toll and parking charges
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any expenses of personal nature like shopping, laundry etc
- Meals other than the ones mentioned in inclusions.
No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the trip cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In the case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However, no refund will be provided for the same.
Things to Carry
Gear and Extra:
• A rucksack bag and a day pack.
• 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
• A sun cap and a woolen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the doctor
Personal & accessories:
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40 , lip balm, cold creams
• Body spray
• Led torch light
Meghalaya, the abode of clouds, is one of the most beautiful states in the North-East India offering a variety of sights, activities, food and festivals to the tourists. Well known for Cherrapunji, the place which receives one of the maximum rainfalls in the world, Meghalaya can mesmerize you with its hills, valleys, lakes, caves and waterfalls which give it a beautiful look when covered with beautiful clouds.
Shillong is the most urbanization you will see in the entire state. Shillong has a lot of leftover British colonial influence that is evident from the plentiful British architecture. Owing to the magnificent lakes all around the town, and the hills surrounding it, Shillong has often been called the Scotland of the East. The Umiam Lake (also known as the Barapani Lake), is one of the primary reasons why Shillong is compared to Scotland, as the lake with rocky hills in the backdrop is reminiscent of Scotland’s Loch Lake. Umiam Lake offers various water sports activities for tourists. Other important tourist attractions in Shillong include Elephant Falls, Shillong Peak and Lady Hydari Park.
Cherrapunji is famous for its rainfall, and it used to be the wettest place on Earth before the title was taken over by Mawsynram, which is less than 100 kilometres away from Cherrapunji. The city abounds in waterfalls, the most important ones Nohkalikai and Seven Sister Falls. The living root double-decker bridge is a famous attraction in Cherrapunji, where trekking and hiking activities are offered for tourists.
If you want to look at Asia’s cleanest village, don’t forget to visit Mawlynnong. Lying on the border separating India from Bangladesh, Mawlynnong is an amazingly clean village in Meghalaya where each street corner has a bamboo dustbin to ensure nature-friendly disposal of trash. The focal point of attraction of this village is the Sky Watch, which is a bamboo structure that offers sweeping views of the Bangladeshi plains from the top.