Museum Of The Future, Dubai: To Look Beyond The Present
The Museum of the Future in Dubai is where the future lies for the city’s development, and limitless possibilities have turned Dubai into a futuristic city with marvellous architecture, super luxurious malls, and plenty of other stuff to make the most of your Dubai Tour Package.
The concept of the Museum is to preserve the things from the past, however, this museum has been built on a totally different concept, as it cherishes the things of the future and serves as a gateway to the future. The Museum of the Future in Dubai is beyond human imagination, being a famous landmark in Dubai along the city’s super Highway, Sheikh Zayed Road.
The Dubai Future Foundation founded the Museum of the Future, showcasing what one can expect in the city for the years to come and how society will evolve using science and technology.
The Museum was launched on 22nd February 2022 and has been quite popular among the locals and tourists. The museum is called the Living Museum and features traditional exhibits, themed attractions, and other interesting stuff, compelling people to look beyond the present and into the limitless possibilities of the future.
The museum also serves as the city’s headquarters for the Great Arab Minds, aiming to identify thousands of Arab talent in the key fields.
Design And Architecture Of The Museum Of The Future
The design of the Museum of the Future is Torus-shaped, clad in glass and steel, with Arabic engraved on its interior, and it has been recognised as one of the 14 most beautiful museums in the world by National Geographic.
The mastermind and the architect behind this stunning piece of art is Shaun Killa, who wanted a structure representing the vision of Dubai. The exterior of the museum is also striking and stands out due to the beautiful calligraphy engraved on the torus. The beautiful museum has been designed by an Emirati artist, Mattar Bin Lahej
If you are wondering what the Arabic calligraphy translates into, then let me tell you that the carvings, which also work as glass windows, stand for the poetry of the Vice President, Prime Minister, and the Ruler of Dubai HH Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, which translates to, “The future belongs to those who can imagine it design it, and execute it. It isn’t something you await, rather create.”
Suggested Read: 10 Resorts In Dubai That Will Blow Your Mind
Inside The Museum Of Future In Dubai
The Museum of the Future is a gateway to the landmark that you can expect in the world 50 years from now. The museum allows you to have a sneak peek at what the world would be like after some time due to advancements in science and technology.
The Museum of the Future features a world 50 years from now, including augmented reality, artificial intelligence, and every possible thing that can enhance how you live while also contributing to a strong global economy and better humanity.
The Museum Of The Future experience is divided into five chapters:
1. OSS Hope: The concept of OSS Hope depicts what life would be like in the space station in the year 2071. You could potentially learn about life aboard the space station.
2. The Heal Institute: The Heal Institute will help repair the damage that we have done to the world due to climate change.
3. Al Waha: The third chapter Al Waha is dedicated to future wellness. The space brings technology into physical form. It uses iconography in order to guide the guests, and the treatments help in reviving the senses:
- Movement Therapy: Fluid generated to give the feeling of walking in water
- Feeling Therapy: Guests get their hands sensitised through various ultrasonic haptic technology, binaural audio, and light therapy.
- Connection Therapy: The guests humm and channelise the healing properties to achieve harmony, which results in otherworldy smells, light and sound.
4. Tomorrow Today: In the fourth chapter Tomorrow Today, you learn about the futuristic technologies that exist today and how they will be used in the future.
5. Future Heroes: If you are travelling with kids, then they are going to love the fifth chapter, the Future Heroes, which caters largely to the young generation, and has been set up in a very playful environment. It has been designed as an interactive space play order to inspire the younger generation in terms of games and missions.
Every floor of the museum looks like a space movie set brought to life by some visionary storytellers, artists, and technologists. The topics include space, climate change, healthy living, and travel. Besides the ground-breaking innovations, there are also workshops that the visitors can indulge in and talks from some of the greatest minds.
Suggested Read: 21 Adventure Sports In Dubai To Scale New Heights
Museum Of The Future Tickets
The Museum of the Future tickets can be booked by the official website of the museum.
The cost of the ticket for the Museum is AED 149, but for children below the age of 3, an Emirati Senior Citizen and a caretaker are free of cost.
The timings of the Museum are from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., and the last entry is at 7:30 p.m. The tickets for the Museum of the Future have to be booked beforehand, and you have to book a slot for the entry. Choose the slot that suits you best and ensure that you reach the Museum 15 to 20 minutes before the entry time because if you are late, you will not be allowed to enter the museum.
However, there are special tickets available for the Museum of the Future, for which you can check the museum website.
Suggested Read: Kayaking In Dubai: From Creek To Coast
Frequently Asked Questions About The Museum Of The Future
What is the Museum of the Future, and where is it located?
The Museum of the Future is in Dubai, located on Sheikh Zayed Road, which is the super highway of the city.
What is the main focus of the Museum of the Future?
The main focus of the Museum of the Future is to showcase to the visitors the limitless possibilities of the future, and what the world is going to look like in the next 50 years.
What can visitors expect to see and do at the Museum of the Future?
Visitors will come across 5 chapters in the Museum of the Future where they can see the International Space Station, a Heal institute that focuses on well-being, and other interesting chapters.
How can I purchase tickets and plan a visit to the Museum of the Future?
You can visit the website and book your slots for your visit to the Museum of the Future.