8 Best Restaurants in Hampi: A Foodie’s Guide
If you’re a foodie and love exploring offbeat places in India, Hampi is the perfect destination for you. Hampi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Karnataka, is not just famous for its architectural wonders but also for its culinary landscape.
Hampi boasts some of the best restaurants in Hampi that offer a delightful blend of local and global cuisines. You can savor traditional South Indian delicacies as well as international dishes in these restaurants. Join us on a gastronomic journey through the 8 best restaurants in Hampi.
1. Taste of Brahmins: A Local Delight
Looking for the best restaurants in Hampi to satisfy your foodie cravings during your summer vacation with family? Taste of Brahmins should definitely be on your list. This family-owned gem takes immense pride in serving authentic South Indian cuisine in a setting that captures the essence of Hampi’s heritage.
With an inviting ambiance that transports you to a bygone era, every dish at Taste of Brahmins is prepared with love and care, ensuring a culinary experience like no other. Don’t miss out on this must-visit spot on your foodie journey through the best restaurants in Hampi.
Location: Janatha Plot
Timings: 6:30 AM to 11:30 PM
Must-Try Dishes and Things to do Nearby
- Indulge in the delicious dosas and thalis at Taste of Brahmins, showcasing the best of South Indian cuisine.
- Don’t miss the chance to visit the famous Virupaksha Temple, located nearby, offering a glimpse into the rich history of Hampi.
- Complete your dining experience at Taste of Brahmins with a cup of aromatic filter coffee, a staple in South Indian cuisine.
- Explore the charming streets of Hampi and discover the architectural wonders that make this city a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
2. Mango Tree: Hampi’s Popular Spot
Mango Tree in Hampi is one of the best restaurants in Hampi known for its good food and laid-back atmosphere. Surrounded by lush greenery, it offers a picturesque setting for a satisfying meal.
The menu features a variety of dishes, from Indian staples to international favorites, making it a must-visit place among the best restaurants in Hampi. Whether you’re craving breakfast, lunch, or dinner, Mango Tree has something for everyone, making it a top pick among the best restaurants in Hampi, especially for those looking for introvert friendly destinations.
Location: Old Bus Stand, Kamalpur
Timings: 8 AM to 9:30 PM
Why You Should Visit
- Mango Tree is a restaurant in Hampi that offers stunning views of the Tungabhadra River, one of the most historical places in India, and the beautiful boulders that decorate the landscape.
- The restaurant has a laid-back atmosphere, making it the perfect place to unwind after a long day of exploring the historic sites of Hampi.
- The food at Mango Tree is a major attraction, with dishes made from fresh ingredients that burst with flavor.
- The restaurant’s mango lassi is a refreshing drink that is perfect for quenching your thirst on a hot day.
- The wood-fired pizzas are also a must-try, cooked to perfection and served with a variety of toppings.
- Mango Tree is a great spot for food enthusiasts in Hampi, offering a range of dishes that are sure to satisfy any palate.
- The restaurant is situated on the banks of the Tungabhadra River, providing a stunning backdrop for your meal.
3. Laughing Buddha: The Chillout Cafe
Laughing Buddha is one of the best restaurants in Hampi. Located on Hippie Island, it’s a chillout cafe with a laid-back vibe. You can enjoy a hearty breakfast, a refreshing smoothie, or a delicious sandwich here.
The cafe is a favorite among tourists and locals alike, offering a unique and relaxed dining experience. It’s a great place to unwind and soak up the tranquil surroundings of Hippie Island. If you’re planning to visit India in February, Hampi is a must-visit destination, and Laughing Buddha is a must-visit restaurant.
Timings: 9 AM to 10 PM
ALSO READ: PLACES TO VISIT IN TAMIL NADU
Food Highlights and Activities Around
- Laughing Buddha is known for its vegan options, with dishes like vegan burgers and tofu stir-fry being crowd favorites.
- Explore the many activities and attractions in Hampi, including yoga classes, temple visits, and exploring hippie markets.
- Don’t miss out on the good food at other restaurants in Hampi, such as the famous mango delicacies served at nearby eateries or the delicious thalis offered in family restaurants.
- Immerse yourself in the tranquility of Hampi by taking a peaceful boat ride along the Tungabhadra River, which offers scenic views of the surrounding landscape.
4. Prince Restaurant: A Royal Treat
When it comes to the best restaurants in Hampi, Prince Restaurant is a top pick for food lovers. This luxurious restaurant offers exquisite flavors and a royal dining experience. From traditional Indian dishes to international favorites, their menu has something for everyone.
The regal ambiance of Prince Restaurant will transport you to a bygone era of grandeur and elegance. It’s a must-visit spot for anyone looking for a memorable dining experience in Hampi. Don’t miss out on this gem while exploring the best restaurants in Hampi. It’s also a great addition to your list of places to visit in India in March.
Location: Near Virupaksha Temple
Timings: 7 AM to 11 PM
Signature Dishes and Surrounding Attractions
- Indulge in the signature dishes at Prince Restaurant, such as the royal thali, a grand platter of delicacies fit for a king.
- Combine your visit to Prince Restaurant with a trip to the famous Virupaksha Temple, located nearby, offering a spiritual experience in the heart of Hampi.
- Make sure to explore the must-visit attractions in the vicinity of Prince Restaurant, including the Hampi Bazaar and the Queen’s Bath, which provide a glimpse into the city’s glorious past.
- Experience the rich history of Hampi by visiting the magnificent Vijaya Vittala Temple, known for its iconic stone chariot and intricate stone carvings.
5. Shambhu Dosa Centre: For Dosa Lovers
Looking for the best restaurants in Hampi? Look no further than the Shambhu Dosa Centre. This casual eatery specializes in a variety of dosa delicacies, showcasing the best of South Indian cuisine. From classic masala dosas to cheese and paneer dosas, they’ve got it all.
The restaurant’s laid-back vibe is the perfect setting for enjoying a delicious dosa. Plus, the friendly staff makes you feel right at home. And when you’re done eating, head out to catch one of the best sunsets in the world. Shambhu Dosa Centre is a must-visit for dosa lovers and foodies alike visiting Hampi.
Location: Janata Plot
Timings: 7 AM to 12 PM
Dosa Varieties and Things to See in the Area
- Indulge in the classic masala dosa at Shambhu Dosa Centre, a crispy dosa filled with a flavorful potato masala.
- Explore the local sights in the area, such as the Ganagitti temple and the Hemakuta Hill, which offer panoramic views of Hampi’s majestic landscape.
- Don’t miss the chance to visit the famous Gopi Guest House restaurant, located nearby, which offers delicious vegetarian cuisine in a cozy setting.
- Immerse yourself in the charm of Hampi by taking a leisurely stroll through the Hampi Bazaar, where you’ll find a variety of shops selling handicrafts, jewelry, and souvenirs.
6. Hotel Swagath: An Authentic Experience
Looking for the best restaurants in Hampi? Look no further than Hotel Swagath. This restaurant offers an authentic dining experience with traditional Indian food that is sure to satisfy any foodie’s cravings.
From biryani to kebabs to butter chicken, Hotel Swagath uses only the highest-quality ingredients and traditional cooking techniques to create dishes bursting with flavor. So, if you’re looking for the best restaurants in Hampi, make sure to add Hotel Swagath to your list of must-visit places.
Location: Rotary Circle
Recommended Dishes and Nearby Sites
- Experience the flavors of Indian cuisine with the restaurant’s recommended dishes, such as the butter chicken, a creamy and flavorful chicken dish that pairs perfectly with fluffy naan bread.
- Explore the nearby sites, including the famous Virupaksha Temple and the Lotus Mahal, which offer a glimpse into Hampi’s rich history and architectural wonders.
- Indulge in the flavors of traditional Hyderabadi biryani, a fragrant rice dish layered with tender meat and aromatic spices, while enjoying the sights and sounds of Hampi.
- Complete your culinary journey at Hotel Swagath with a cup of masala chai, a refreshing and aromatic tea infused with spices, providing the perfect ending to your dining experience.
7. Old Chillout Ganesh Restaurant: A Cozy Corner
The Old Chillout Ganesh Restaurant in Hampi is a cozy and popular spot for locals and tourists. It offers a laid-back atmosphere to enjoy delicious food and drinks. Whether you’re looking for breakfast, snacks, or dinner, our diverse menu has something for everyone. Come and unwind at Old Chillout Ganesh Restaurant while enjoying the flavors of Hampi.
Location: Hampi Road
Timings: 7 AM to 11 PM
What Not to Miss and Local Sights
- Don’t miss the chance to savor the must-try food at Old Chillout Ganesh Restaurant, such as the delicious dosas and thalis, which showcase the best of Hampi’s culinary delights.
- Explore the local sights in Hampi, including the Virupaksha Temple and the Hampi Bazaar, which offer a glimpse into the city’s rich history and vibrant culture.
- Immerse yourself in the laid-back vibes of Hampi by visiting the nearby heritage sites, such as the Vijaya Vittala Temple and the Lotus Mahal, which are renowned for their stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Complete your visit to Old Chillout Ganesh Restaurant with a cup of masala chai, a popular Indian tea infused with aromatic spices, offering the perfect ending to your cozy dining experience in Hampi.
8. Brown Elephant Cafe: A Hidden Gem
The Brown Elephant Cafe in Hampi is a hidden gem, offering unique dining in a vibrant setting. Located in the heart of town, it’s a favorite among locals and travelers seeking good food and a relaxed atmosphere. The cafe welcomes you with a charming ambiance, colorful artwork, and comfortable seating.
Known for its delicious food that combines local flavors with global influences, its menu caters to diverse culinary preferences. Whether you crave breakfast, smoothies, or curry, the Brown Elephant Cafe will delight your taste buds.
Location: Hulgi-Gangavathi Road
Timings: 8 AM to 10 PM
Will this be your new favorite spot?
The Brown Elephant Cafe has all the ingredients to become your new favorite spot in Hampi. From its relaxed atmosphere to its delicious food, this cafe offers a unique dining experience that will leave a lasting impression on your taste buds. The cafe’s friendly staff and vibrant ambiance create a welcoming space where you can unwind and enjoy good food in the company of fellow travelers and locals. The menu at the Brown Elephant Cafe is designed to cater to different tastes, with options ranging from traditional Indian dishes to international favorites. So whether you’re in the mood for comfort food, healthy options, or innovative flavors, the Brown Elephant Cafe is sure to deliver a memorable dining experience in Hampi.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the famous food in Hampi?
Hampi is famous for its diverse culinary offerings. Traditional South Indian thali, masala dosa, idli sambar, and vada pav are some popular dishes. Don’t miss out on the delicious street food like chaat and pav bhaji. And while you’re there, make sure to try the locally grown bananas and refreshing sugarcane juice.
What’s the weather like in Hampi?
Hampi experiences a tropical climate with distinct wet and dry seasons. The best time to visit is from October to February when the weather is cool and pleasant. During the monsoon season, from June to September, heavy rain can make some areas inaccessible. Summers, from March to May, can be hot and humid, with temperatures reaching up to 40°C (104°F).
What are the top-rated restaurants in Hampi?
Discover the top-rated restaurants in Hampi that are loved by locals and visitors alike. Mango Tree offers rooftop seating and delicious South Indian dishes. Laughing Buddha provides a mix of Indian and international cuisine with a stunning riverside view. Gopi Guest House restaurant serves affordable vegetarian food. Don’t miss the seafood and continental dishes at The Goan Corner Restaurant.
Which restaurants in Hampi offer vegetarian options?
Vegetarian travelers in Hampi will be delighted to find a wide range of restaurants offering vegetarian options. Popular choices include Mango Tree, Laughing Buddha Cafe, and Ravi’s Rose. With the area’s emphasis on vegetarianism, traditional South Indian vegetarian cuisine is easily accessible and delicious. Enjoy satisfying meals at most restaurants in Hampi.