The World’s Largest Ship Takes to the Seas in 2024
Royal Caribbean International’s highly anticipated cruise ship, Icon of the Seas, has completed its test run and is now ready for its first-ever journey through the stunning Caribbean waters in the near future. This magnificent ship is set to revolutionise the world of luxury cruising with its impressive size and incredible features.
Measuring an astonishing 1,200 feet (365 meters) in length and weighing a remarkable 250,800 tonnes, the Icon of the Seas surpasses all expectations regarding size and grandeur. It has an incredible capacity to accommodate over 7,960 people, including 5,610 passengers and 2,350 crew members.
This colossal vessel offers an array of exceptional amenities, such as a state-of-the-art water park featuring six thrilling water slides known as Category 6, seven pools, and nine whirlpools.
Prepare to be amazed as the Icon of the Seas takes luxury cruising to new heights, delivering an unparalleled experience that will redefine your vacation expectations. Stay tuned for more updates and be among the first to embark on this unforgettable journey.
Construction of the vessel began in April 2022, and now it eagerly awaits its first voyage, scheduled to depart from Miami on January 27, 2024. The Icon of the Seas will be based in Miami until at least April 2025, offering seven-night cruises to the Caribbean.
Prepare to embark on an extraordinary journey aboard the Icon of the Seas. This remarkable ship unveils various features, ensuring an unforgettable experience for all passengers. From a beautiful water park and dedicated family areas to revamped pool decks and an impressive culinary scene, every moment onboard promises excitement and luxury.
Passengers boarding the Icon of the Seas can choose from two exciting trips. The first is a weeklong journey to the Eastern Caribbean, with stops in Miami, Phillipsburg, Charlotte Amalie, and a special day at CocoCay in the Bahamas.
The second option is a Western Caribbean itinerary, visiting Miami, Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel, and the incredible Perfect Day at CocoCay. The ship offers a wide range of 28 cabin options to suit different needs. Over 82% of these cabins can accommodate three or more guests, and more than 70% come with a private balcony, offering breathtaking views of the Caribbean.
Some Facts you should know about Royal Caribbean
- Over 450 experts are testing the ship’s engines, bow, propellers, and noise and vibration levels to ensure everything is in top shape.
- One of the standout features of the ship is its stunning suspended infinity pool, surrounded by a multi-level terrace and inviting whirlpools.
- Various seating areas and a dedicated bar for guests to enjoy. Royal Caribbean has designed the Icon of the Seas to offer the best of different types of vacations, allowing passengers to indulge in a range of perks.
- The ship boasts exciting attractions such as a six-slide waterpark, seven spacious swimming pools, a family-friendly aqua park, and a swim-up bar.
- The first cruise is already fully booked, and starting in February 2024, travellers can embark on a seven-night journey from Miami, exploring either the eastern or western Caribbean.