Traveling to Maldives During COVID-19 : Everything You Should Know
Mesmerizing beaches, enthralling water sports, a plethora of places to beautiful destinations make the Maldives an exotic travel destination. From exploring the rich Maldivian culture to diving deep into the sea to experience the marine life wonders, there are a plethora of unique activities to try in the Maldives.
The favorite honeymoon destination of Millennial newlyweds, Maldives has opened its doors for international tourism on 15th July 2020 and issued several guidelines recently.
List of guidelines you must know before planning a trip to the Maldives.
Before your departure to the Maldives
Online Health Declaration Form
- Every tourist has to submit their online declaration form on IMUGA Portal Maldives 24 hours before the trip.The PCR test result should be uploaded on the IMUGA portal and presented during the airline check-in
Link to the IMUGA Portal: https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/ethd/create
RTPCR COVID Certificate
- All the tourists have to carry a PCR COVID Certificate (Covid Negative). All the Travelers are requested to take the test 96 hours before reaching the first port of Maldives.
- The initial PCR test will not be valid if the tourist makes a transit for more than 24 hours.
- If transit exceeds 24 hours, then tourists have to submit a negative PCR report 96 hours before embarkation at the port of transit.
The PCR report should consist of the following details.
- Name of passenger
- Name and address details of testing Laboratory
- The type of test – tested as PCR test
- Date and the sampling type
- Result (Offcourse Negative!)
A confirmed return ticket from the Maldives.
According to the recently issued guidelines, a return ticket, proof of adequate funds, and hotel booking details are compulsory for getting the VISA application for visiting the Maldives.
On Arrival in the Maldives
- All tourists will get a 30-day free visa upon arrival.
- All tourists have to undergo thermal checkup at the airport.
- Asymptomatic tourists do not have to quarantine. Airport authorities may ask symptomatic passengers for tests and quarantine.
- All the passengers should comply with social distancing norms and wear masks at the airports.
- All tourists are requested to install the Contact Tracing app “TraceEkee” on their smartphones.
On Departure From Maldives
- Tourists may undergo thermal screening before checking out the hotel or resort to ensure that any symptomatic patient does not leave the quarantine facility.
- Tourists who are under quarantine or isolation would not be allowed to leave the property without official permission.
- For tourist who requires a COVID certificate to return to their countries, authorities in the Maldives will arrange testing services on a special request.
Flight Connectivity Between India and Maldives
Air India Flights
From Delhi – Once a Week
From Trivandrum – Once a week
From Delhi / Mumbai / Bangalore – 4 Times a Week
From Delhi – 4 times a week
From Kochi / Mumbai – Twice weekly
From Trivandrum – Twice weekly